TWO LOCAL WALKING TRAILS
Beaver Lake Trail by the Dam
- Dogwood Trail
in Dam Site Lake Park
- spans two miles of
relatively steep terrain.
- As the name
suggests, flowering dogwood
- trees abound
throughout the area. Spectacular
beautiful geographic features,
- and one of the
largest bluff shelters found on
- Beaver Lake await
you along the trail.
- This trail is rated
- Lake Leatherwood Park
HIKING & BIKING
Hiking and biking trails exist around the lake
and in other areas
of the park. Trails are closed to motorized
vehicles and hikers
and bicyclists can enjoy quietude, bird watching,
cool springs, an
intermittent creek, historic rock walls, ancient rock
formations and the
beauty of nature.
Parks & Recreation
Lake Leatherwood Park
miles west of Eureka Springs off U.S. Highway 62.
- LAKE LEATHERWOOD PARK is a
1600-acre municipal park surrounding
- an 85 acre spring fed lake. Located off Hwy 62 at the western edge of
- it is a place of natural serenity.Lake Leatherwood is
formed by one of the largest hand-cut native limestone dams in the country.
The dam and several
- Lake Leatherwood waters are home to blue gill, crappie, bream, large mouth
bass and channel catfish. The park is a natural habitat for a diverse
- of water foul and other birds, including heron, geese, bald eagles and
wild turkey. The woodlands surrounding the lake support many species of
- The park offers many recreational opportunities.
- FISHING is allowed from
the bank or from boats. An Arkansas fishing license is required for persons
over 16 years of age.
- SWIMMING areas are
designated near our WPA era diving platform.
- HIKING & BIKING are
offered on approximately 15 miles of trails that cover varied terrain
surrounding the lake and in other areas of the park.
- Trails are closed to motorized vehicles. Hikers and bicyclists can enjoy
solitude, bird watching, cool springs, an intermittent creek, historic stone
- and bridges, unusual rock formations and the beauty of nature.
- BOATING is allowed,
subject to a "NO WAKE" requirement for all motorized boats.
The park includes a paved boat ramp for your convenience.
- The City of Eureka Springs
Welcomes You to Lake Leatherwood Park.
- For more information contact:
- Eureka Springs Parks & Recreation Commission
- 532 Spring Street
- Eureka Springs, AR 72632
- (479) 253-2866